Whenever I go to the grocery store I look at the chicken pot pies and say to myself, why do I need to pay so much for these when I can make my own that taste so much better!? Really, my version tastes pretty awesome! It’s super easy too and just as cheap to make! Check out the recipe below.
12 oz. Bag of Your Favorite Mixed Frozen Vegetables (Think carrots, peas, corn and broccoli)
4 10.5oz Cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
5 Cups of Water
3 Chicken Breasts
3 Cups Shredded, Mild Cheddar Cheese
3 Tablespoons of Butter
1 Can of Biscuits (Any type)
1. Preheat oven & cook biscuits according to packaging directions.
2. Lower temperature of oven to 200 degrees and cook biscuits and additional 5 minutes. (This slightly hardens the biscuits so that they are crunchier when the gravy is poured, giving the dish a bit more texture.)
2. Pan-sear chicken breasts in 1 tablespoon of butter, until fully cooked.
3. Chop up cooked chicken breasts into chunks
4. In a large pot, add the chunks of chicken breast, cans of cream of chicken, water, frozen vegetables, cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until consistency is a medium (gravy) thickness.
5. Break up 1 to 2 biscuits into chunks and place in a serving bowl.
6. Pour gravy mixture over biscuits until covered.
Serves 4-8 People.